Horsham and Mid Sussex Voluntary Action
Mid Sussex (South) CVS merged with East Grinstead CVS and Horsham Voluntary Action on the 1st April 2015 to form a new organisation which is called Horsham and Mid Sussex Voluntary Action (HAMSVA). We are an independent charity which works behind the scenes to enhance the quality of life of people living in central and southern Mid Sussex as well as the Horsham areas, by promoting and supporting voluntary and community activity. We also provide a range of free of low cost services, to local voluntary and community groups.
Services offered include:
• Guidance with setting up new groups and ongoing development, e.g. constitution, financial and legal issues, policies and procedures.
• Volunteer Centre. The Volunteer Centre (VC) helps local voluntary and community organisations by providing a skilled service to match volunteers with suitable opportunities and helps individuals find the right opportunity for them. Contact details for the VC on the website.
• Regular E-Bulletins and quarterly Newsletter keeping you up to date with national and local government trends; what is going on in and around central and southern Mid Sussex; and offering you the opportunity to promote your organisation and events.
• Training opportunities relevant to the voluntary sector.
• Volunteer Forum offering organisations the opportunity to meet and share good practice.
• Networking opportunities to enable groups enable groups to meet and make new contacts.
• Assistance with funding applications.
• Publicity and promotion of your group.
• Photocopying and laminating.
• Hire of audio visual equipment.
• Free loan of display boards.
• Hire of fully equipped community room – suitable for workshops, board meetings, training, interviewing, business and community network meetings.
Sue Rabbett – Finance and Administration Co-ordinator
Mandy Cunningham – Local Community Co-ordinator
Sue Edgson – Volunteer Co-ordinator